A Ministry to and with The Senior Adults of First Baptist Church of Etowah
First Baptist Church has an active and vibrant Senior Fellowship. Frequently, these members, gathered by the name "Gadabouts," will take day trips, make over-nighters, enjoy luncheons, and genuinely delight in the fellowship and company of one another. Some of our activities in the past have included:
- Trips to the Appalachian Museum
- The Great Smoky Mountain Railroad Adventure
- Frequent trips to The Cumberland County Playhouse
- Friday Night at the Renfro Valley Barn Dance
- Dehlonaga--Georgia's Gold Capitol
- Annual Trip to The Dogwood Arts Festival
- Monthly Hymn-Sings
- Visits to see The Sand Hill Cranes
- Fontana Village & Dam Tour
- Frequent Trips to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg
Anyone over the age of 55 is qualified, welcomed and encouraged to participate in the Gadabouts.
Plans are constanly in the works for future trips and activities.